The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That's just a NO NO...

You just don't cuss tv legends such as Manuel....

It's like dissing the butler off Fresh Prince...
Reply 2
I thought Manuel was there to be abused.
Reply 3
Yeah that really wasn't fair. I mean how old must that actor be now?? And what a legend he was.
Reply 4
L i b
I thought Manuel was there to be abused.

Haha yeah, don't mind him, he's from Barcelona.
Reply 5
Anyway, it appears the granddaughter is a bit of a slag or something anyway, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1080839/Pictured-The-Page-Three-wannabe-centre-Brand-Rosss-prank-calls--BBC-apologises-Fawlty-Towers-star.html (apologies for linking to the Daily Mail; just look at the pictures, like the people who normally read it).
Reply 6
That's pretty awful, joke taken too far and I agree with the comments at the bottom of the Daily Mail article, the two should be disciplined. It was not funny, nor clever.

Andrew Sachs is a legend of comedy, to make cheap 'comedy' like that against him is an insult to the comedy world and well everyone.
they went too far...

and manuel in fawlty towers is funnier than either of them have ever been
Reply 8
L i b
Anyway, it appears the granddaughter is a bit of a slag or something anyway, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1080839/Pictured-The-Page-Three-wannabe-centre-Brand-Rosss-prank-calls--BBC-apologises-Fawlty-Towers-star.html (apologies for linking to the Daily Mail; just look at the pictures, like the people who normally read it).

I've never actually looked at the Daily Mail's website before, but I think I will do from now on just to read the comments :rofl:
Reply 9
Yeah, I read about this - really horrible. Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross are annoying anyway, but this was just a really stupid thing to do.

L i b
Anyway, it appears the granddaughter is a bit of a slag or something anyway

That hardly justifies it, though. She certainly didn't deserve it...
***** like those two are best kept far, far apart.
Was this part of Johnathons Ross's show?
Reply 12
Haha I love Russell Brands show.
Reply 13
glassheart
Was this part of Johnathons Ross's show?

No, he was a guest on Russell Brands radio show.
So Russell Brand is even more of a dickhead than I first realised.
Reply 15
Yeah it was out of order but at the end of the day it wouldn't be funny if it wasn't.
Reply 16
how has that girl managed to milk a place on the celebrity circuit out of being Manuel's granddaughter anyway?!

I mean Fawlty Towers was a great programme, seminal British comedy in fact, but it only had a 12 episode run in about 1978 or whatever, and she's only his granddaughter

You'll see the daughter of Barry Scott from the Cillit Bang adverts stumbling out of Boujis or Chinawhites next..
Whether it was out of order or not, I didn't find it funny at all...
Reply 18
Erik.
how has that girl managed to milk a place on the celebrity circuit out of being Manuel's granddaughter anyway?!

I mean Fawlty Towers was a great programme, seminal British comedy in fact, but it only had a 12 episode run in about 1978 or whatever, and she's only his granddaughter

You'll see the daughter of Barry Scott from the Cillit Bang adverts stumbling out of Boujis or Chinawhites next..

Chinawhite isn't that exclusive..
Christ, that whiney, irritating, cockbag is really, really, really overdue a kicking. Brand, that is.

Latest

Trending

Trending